Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have loss of normal T2 signal, disc bulge in L4/5. Taking injections. No help. Further treatment?

I had a car accident and had an MRI and have a loss of normal T2 high signal in the L4/5 and L5/s1 discs, which both show samll disc bulges on the sagittal images. Also a suspect transitional arrangement at the lumbosacral junction. Also at L4/5 there is a small broad based right paracentral disc bulge which is causing slight distortion of the right lateral recess . Also at L5/s1 a small central disc. I have been getting injections twice a year since this happened but they are no longer helping. What is the next step?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  202
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear as you said small disc bulge then this wouldn't be the couse of pain but transitional movement at lumbosacral junction can couse such pain so first you under go dynamic X-Ray at lumbosacral spine and if shows sign of mobility then it should be fixed by a neurosurgeon then only you will have relieve of symptoms.
Answered: Sun, 16 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor