Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Have itchy blisters on palm on drinking alcohol. Liver disease symptoms?

hii. I recently started drinking alcohol. I am finding small itchy blisters on my palm whenever i drink alcohol. They usually starts appearing after like 12 hours i had alcohol. Is it some symptom related to liver disease or any such other problem? I drink very occasionally during party and i do not wanna miss the fun by stopping drinking alcohol. Could please let me know what is my problem exactly..
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  335
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Small itchy blisters appears in palmer aspect only after drinking alcohol may be due to allergic response. The allergen may be some additives in alcohol or some particular type of alcohol.
With liver problem the itching will be all over the body so we can exclude it but for safer side get done LFT once.
This may be due to any drug interaction also but usually interaction will be very severe. So if you are taking any drugs routinely or during alcohol, let us know to rule out if any interactions.
For now take anti histaminic and apply topical glycerine. Consult your doctor for further management.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor