Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have hard spot on prostate. Able to pass urine fine. Calcification?

Hello Dr., I had a digital rectum exam recently,and the Dr. found a hard spot on the prostate .My p.s.a is 4.4,the prostate is enlarged as well.I had a cystoscopy procedure done in 2010 to remove a stricture.Before the procedure I had an elevated P.S.A. of 6.After the procedure, placed on avodart , in a few months time the p.s.a. dropped to 2.28.I m no longer on avodart.I m able to pass urine ok,and I m not experiencing,dribble or a sudden urge to go to the bathroom.I seem to be emptying out the bladder as well.I m scheduled for a biopsy soon.What can be done if its not cancer but the possibility of calcification? Ken
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have hard spot detected by your family physician .
The hard spot detected on digital Rectal Examination iwith elevated serum PSA is suspicious of cancer of the prostate.
This can be confirmed only on taking multi core needle biopsy of th prostate.and doing histopathological examination of the tissue from prostate.

Please consult qualified Urologist for getting biopsy done and for further management.
Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor