Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have had a flare of scleritis. Had IBS and migraines. How to get relief?

I am 50 years old and for the last year have had a flare of scleritis (posterior and anterior - both eyes) every single month starting a few days before my menstrual cycle and lasting for several days after. Looking back, I recall that during my 30s I had migraines that fit this same pattern. During my 40s I developed severe IBS also seemingly aggravated by hormone fluctuations. I ve had bouts of asthma induced primarily by illness , but twice from altitude and exercise. I believe my body produces too much histamine and it s hormone related. I ve been to an opthamalogist, but am not getting any relief, plus it doesn t address the systemic nature of the flares. What kind of dr do I need to see?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care Magic!
Your scleritis seems to be of immunologic phenomena in the back drop of the asthma, IBS etc.
You should see a senior physician and an ophthalmologist again with feedback of recent failure of the treatment for the scleritis.
I think you should get relief by topical cromolyn sodium and topical steroid eye drops.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor