How can a yellow spot in the eye be treated?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Hello Doctor,

Greetings...

1. My wife (F29) has one problem in Left eye as per first photo. Could you pleae advise gor this.

2. Right has a yellow spot ftom long time.. see second pic

Please advise

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scleritis possibly.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking. I've seen the images.

Right eyes have a pinguecula. It is a yellowish, slightly raised thickening of the conjunctiva on the white part of the eye (sclera), close to the edge of the cornea.

These are non-cancerous bumps on the eyeball and typically occur on top of the middle part of the sclera — the part that's between your eyelids and therefore is exposed to the sun. Surgical removal of a pinguecula is best from cosmetic point of view.

Scleritis-in left eye. Scleritis is a serious inflammatory disease that affects the white outer coating of the eye, known as the sclera. Eye infections, eye injuries or trauma, and, most commonly, allergies are common cause. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are most often used. Topical anti allergic should be taken along with it.

Please discuss these options with her Ophthalmologist.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist