Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Have enlarged spleen. Feeling uncomfortable and pain. What treatment should be done?

My husband has a very enlarged spleen , we have been meeting with Oncology to figure out exactly what the diagnosis is (potentially Lymphoma ) and how to treat it. In the meantime, I m wondering if you have any tips on how he could lay while trying to sleep (to allow him to sleep) as his spleen is very uncomfortable and painful, making it difficult to sleep. Food is also making his stomach hurt a lot. Anything you can suggest?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Oncologist 's  Response
There are many causes of enlarged spleen which we have to rule out. some causes of of enlarged spleen can be reversed. if it is established that it is lymphoma My personel opinion would be to do splenectomy as it will relieve the bulk of the disease, give comfort to your husband and the further treatment would be easy.
Dr. J. ticku
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor