Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have diabetes and sore mouth. Feel very thirsty and tired. How to reduce sugar level?

If my sugar is 345 and I drinked water and orange juice today and didnt eat any sweets and now it is 241 should I go ahead and see a dr? I have had symptoms of staying very thirsty and my mouth is sore and cannot hardly eat anything without it burning and I have lost about 20 pounds. I stay tired all of the time also. I have not been to the dr yet. And also, what else can I do to get my sugar down.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
high serum sugar levels usually should be confirmed by repeated fasting blood sugar levels to actually ascertain that you are diabetic. Once confirmed, depending on the sugar levels and a clinical examination and past medical history, a treatment plan is proposed. Management of diabetes involves both drugs and life style changes. Most patients once put on treatment have to take the drugs every day. Modification of the treatment protocol should only be done by your physician.\
Life style changes include activities to reduce weight like low fat diet, exercise> Poor salt diets especially in patients with accompanying hypertension, proper cleaning of toes and feet. Drugs used treatment of diabetes are of various classes and can be oral of injectable. Particular drugs are chosen depending on the blood sugar level and other commodities in the patient. In the evaluation process, tests to evaluate the state of the main target organs in diabetes are usually evaluated. The kidneys, the heart, the eyes.
Consulting an internist or a diabetologist/endocrinologist is the ideal thing to do. Nutritionists are usually associated to most diabetes clinics, and shall be very useful in offering nutritional advice, based on your particular origin, nutritional habits and financial standing.
I suggest you visit a diabetologist/endocrinologist or an internist for proper medical check up and care.
Hope this helps and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor