Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Have been hunchback since childhood. Was prescribed ibuprofen for pains. How to cure this?

I am 27 yrs old i have been hunchback since i was a young boy now it is really starting to give me problems.Most times i can fight through the pain others i am in the floor crying i go to my doctor and all he does is give me higher and higher doses of ibuprofen witch has no effect on the pain and i have told him this but still get the same meds everytime what can i do
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
You must consult a spine surgeon, get MRI done see if he can correct kyphosis of spine surgically.This is possible with modern surgery if the hunch is not too much acute.
Crowding of vertebrae in the hunched area of spine are not only causing disc destruction and pain but also may affect your internal organs in chest abdomen by undue pressure on lack of space in crowded area. normally surgery is done in younger age group , even then some amount of correction is still possible provided you meet an eminent spine surgeon dealing with Kyphosis/scoliosis,of spine
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor