Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Hardness among the bruises on buttocks, painful, nothing is broken. What specialist should be consulted?

My mother, age 88, fell about 2 weeks ago in the kitchen. Took her to Er - no concussion or break. About a week ago this hard know come up amongst the bruises on her right butt check. It is so painful that she cannot sit. What type of doctor should she see? I called our family physician and she said the orthopedic , but she was x-rayed at the ER and nothing was broken. Please help me decide what to do. She is miserable. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that she might have hematoma formation on butt check.
Consult surgeon and get examined as there is no fracture.
Go for one antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines course.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Wed, 19 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor