Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Hard swelling under foot, located under the toes. Cure for swelling?

Hello, how are you? i have a really hard ball under my foot . it hurts and is very bothersome, not to mention my job requires me to be on my feet for long periods of time with constant movement. it is located between my pinky and ring toe on my left foot right under the toes ont the palm part of the foot. What should i do?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM
An examination of your is required to make a diagnosis.
However, on the basis of history as you have mentioned there is a painful hard swelling under on the sole of foot.
The cause of the swelling could be your job which demands to be on feet for long time.

Now this swelling could be a bony growth or a soft tissue growth.
Soft tissue growths include swellings arising from muscles, nerves, fibrous tissue, blood vessels and lymphatics.

The first step is to get a X-ray foot. This will show whether the swelling arises from bone or soft tissue.
If it is a bony tissue then the bony overgrowth may have to be removed surgically.
In case of soft tissue mass, a FNAC can be done. FNAC will determine the type of cells present in the swelling.

On the basis of these investigations a surgical removal of the swelling can be done, subsequent tissue examination and exact characterisation of the swelling.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. P. T. Patil's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You have a hard swelling on your left foot just proximal to the toes.Since your job entails you to stand for a long time and also you have to move constantly this results in a friction and pressure giving rise to developing callosity at pressure points.If is very painful and embarrass you it has to be excised .Please consult some surgeon who on clinical examination will decide whether it need to be excised or not.
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello coutney.murli,
by the description u seem to have corns on ur sole. corn is nothing but a conical ring of hardened skin cells. (for ur understanding, put in simple words). for this u may be advised minor surgery in which a corn in cut using blade or a corn cap is advised in many cases. but in both these cases chances of recurrence is present.
homoeopathic medicine Antim Crud 200 two times in a day for 15 days will make sure the corn drops itself n u r relieved of it permanently. Along with this u r advised to wear a comfortable footwear and do not keep changing ur footwear often. also the pain is becoz the conical ring is getting pressed and it is putting pressure on the nerves in the region which then gets painful.
i hope this answer is helpful.
Dr. Rooma Ramnani (
Healthcaremagic community
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor