Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Hard piece of palat, tooth felt loose, gums swelled, burning. Did filling, root canal. How to treat?

Hey a week ago I got this hard piece on my palet and my tooth felt loose and now all the gums around the tooth is swollen and burning...I got ear ach swollen glands and a burning feeling around my nose and eye...I had a filling done on this tooth about a year ago and root canal....please its very painfull I need help...thank you
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Since the tooth which is mobile is root canal treated,its non vital in nature.
A thorough clinical and radiological evaluation is required for retaining the tooth.
splinting can be done to make the tooth firm again.
If too shaking,it has to be extracted.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Brush your teeth twice daily using soft-bristled toothbrush and dental floss.
Please avoid hot,spicy foods.
Biting on hard objects has to be avoided.
Use chorhexidine mouthrinses to gargle.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your symptoms i suppose that you have developed a periapical infection in the tooth due to which the toot had become loose.
I would suggest you to consult the Dentist get the checkup done, take x-ray of the tooth, drainage of abscess will give pain relief, if indicated you have to go for the extraction of the tooth.
The extracted tooth can be replaced with the help of fixed or removable prosthetic crown.
Take complete course of antibiotics and analgesics.
Take lukewarm saline gargles and antiseptic mouthwash rinses.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response

Hello there ,

Thanks for writing your query,

Dental pain in an already filled tooth indicates the presence of infection below the filling .

Tooth ache indicates bacterial decay or infection in the tooth that involves the exposed tooth nerve tissues .

such infected tooth needs to be treated by a root canal procedure so please consider getting the treatment done by consulting a dentist.

you may need an OPG radiographic examination done for your teeth to confirm the spread of infection or to rule out the exact cause of the pain and accordingly treatment can be done.

swelling in the gums and pain can be treated by symptomatic treatment.

i would suggest you to go for symptomatic treatment at home like gargling with lukewarm saline water or antiseptic mouthwash like chlorhexidine or betadine.

exact diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination by a dentist and evaluation by taking radiographs.

i hope this helps ,

take care.
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor