Ask a Dentist   »  

Is expired Gabapentin still effective in treating severe tooth pain?

Question
I have an extreme tooth ache, taking alieve it is not working, I have some expired Gabapentin will it work for my tooth ache?
Fri, 4 May 2018 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like infection. follow these neasures.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for consulting Healthcaremagic.
This is Dr. Priyanka tiwari answering your query.

I have read your query and understand your concern. As far as extreme toothache is concerned this can be due to Carious tooth or due to periodontal problem.
For this i will suggest you to consult oral surgeon for clinical examination and investigation IOPA Radiograph of tooth to confirm the diagnosis.
Dont take expired medicine it is harmful for your health. For meanwhile i will suggest you few measures for pain :
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Use mouthwash regularly.
-Do warm saline rinses.
-You can take medicine like Cap. Amoxicillin CV with Metronidazole and Analgesic like Diclomol SP or ketrol DT consulting with local doctor.

Follow these measures. Hope this will help you.
If you have further query i will be happy to help