Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Hard bone like lump on baby's forehead. Will it get reduced in size?

Hi there, I m just wanting to know why a hard bone like lump is on my babies temple area. What is it and will it go down in size once her head is fully formed? She is 61/2 months old and we have seen a paediatrician who said he wasn t concerned about it at all but it s just so noticeable. It is definitely growing with her. She does have quite a flat spot on the opposite side of her head - could that be making it protude more? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  399
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
I don't think you need to worry a lot about this. Minor asymmetry in a child head's structure is not a problem. It can be due to difficult labour, some hematoma which was present earlier and now has calcified. It may also be a mild bony overgrowth which is not much of a problem. Things tend to settle down or become less prominent as the child grows. Only worrisome thing can be abnormal fusion of a child's skull bones called craniosynostosis. Since a pediatrician has seen your child it seems unlikely. However you can take the opinion of a pediatric surgeon as well.
Hope that helps
God bless you
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor