Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Hand smashed in car door. X-ray normal. Indent under knuckle. Severe pain. What could be wrong?

I smashed my hand in my car door last night. got x-rays a few hours after and nothing was broken they said. I am in a lot of pain and have an indent under the knuckle of my right pointer finger where it is killing me. they want me to go to a hand specialist but what could be wrong. do i need an mri , did i break my knuckle. help, in lots of pain
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The indent under the knuckle with a severe pain could be due to a tendon injury in the area. You need to consult an orthopedician even if no fracture has been detected on X-ray.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor