Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Had unprotected sex, no period. Can we avoid pregnancy if its on the way?

Hi, we had unprotected sex 1 month back. the period of my wife did not happen in time. how to avoid if there is a pregnancy chance? but my wife generally has irregularity in periods from a long time. So we always suspect pregnancy due to the irregularity. please advice how to deal with it and how to avoid the one month suspected pregnancy.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
The first step lies in confirming the pregnancy.
If your wife has irregular periods, then you cannot rely on a home pregnancy test kit.
So you need to consult a gynecologist who would examine her and confirm a pregnancy.
IF pregnant, and you wish to go for a termination, then you would be offered the choice between a medical and surgical abortion based on the findings .
Take care
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor