Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Had intercourse, swollen and itchy labia minora, feeling discomfort. What's wrong?

I last had sex around six months ago, and we used a condom. However, a few days afterwards my right labia minora began to swell slightly at the top and was very itchy. This persisted for several weeks but over the last six months the itching has been coming and going in phases and the labia has gotten a lot bigger in size. It now looks extremely asymetric and it causes me a lot of discomfort all the time. I have been too embarrassed to seek advise until now - I don t know what is wrong!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Many times the initial symptoms of infections begin with irritation at the labia minora and progress to the rest of the vulva and vagina. Other symptoms of infections and sexually transmitted diseases include lower abdominal pain, burning upon urination, and increased vaginal discharge that is thick, white, gray, yellow, green, or chunky in nature. The most common causes for vulval-vaginal discomfort are yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. Both can be successfully treated with medications prescribed by a doctor.
plz visit ur doctor and get a swab done
umight require antibiotics and tipical antifungals.
Answered: Thu, 5 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor