Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had hit head and was unconscious. Have bump and bruise on forehead. Advice?

I had too much to drink on Wednesday night. I hit my head on the bathroom floor and may have been unconscious for a little while. I have a bump and a bruise on the top left side of my forehead and a black eye, but other than it being tender, I feel fine. I iced it last night and have been putting Traumeel cream and Arnica on the bruised area. Do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Llonsdale,
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you have got soft tissue injury over your scalp.
Black eye is a common symptom after forehead injury. It takes few days to weeks for recovery from black eye. Cold compress will help in relieving the symptoms.

Swelling or bump will also subside in few days time. If pain is severe, you can take pain killer like Ibuprofen one tablet twice a day after meals along with an antacid.
You can continue use of medicated creams for bruise.

Your injury seems to be superficial, still you should get a scan of your head done as you had an episode of unconscioussness.

You should get immediate medical attention if following symptoms develop :-
unconsciossness/nasal or ear bleeding/nausea or vomiting/irritability or disorientation/memory loss/seizures/difficulty in balancing the body.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor