Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Had flu and developed back and hip pain. Suggestions

I recently had the flu and developed lower back pain. That pain subsided but then it spread to my hip and hamstring. It hurts when i cough or sneeze as well. I assume its sciatic in nature but my hip continues to jam when i do anything active. I have seen a chriropractor and phsysioterapist but the pain has not subsided. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
the medicines you tok for flue has caused this
it can take 3 week to subside
take 2-3 glasses of warm water in the morning and evening
take antialergic fexofenadine 120 mg bd for 3 week
add antacid syrup
apply sensor oil on the pain affected area
take tramadol sos
3 week time will be okay to recover
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Radiation / relation to sneeze - suggest nerve root irritation.
You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities
MRI spine is necessary to see Degeneration, Disc prolapse, nerve compression...
See an orthopaedician
Analgesics and muscle relaxants help in the meanwhile...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor