Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had bruised eye after been hit. Have a huge painful lump. Should I get it checked?

I had a black eye that didn t form until the day after I was hit. It lasted for over a month (the bruise ). The bruise is gone, but it has been 2 or 3 months and I still have a huge lump that is very painful. It has recently began to hurt worse than when it was healing . Is it something I should get looked at or am I okay?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
Please donor ignore that lump.
That could be collection of altered blood known as hematocoele or collection of pus or abscess. Get medical help, imaging in the form of ct or MRI will help.
This might need some kind of drainage procedure, consult an eye surgeon.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 20 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor