Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Growing torus palete. Painful, loosening teeth. Have TMJ. Who should I see?

Hi. I have a large torus palete that is growing rapidly and has now accordianed on itself. The other side has also developed a canyon next to my teeth on the other side that I expect to do the same in time. There is now trapped skin(?) caught in the crease. I m running out of room for my tongue . The torus is very painful, as is the adjacent jawbone , and molars - two have them have started to loosen. All of this, added to my sever TMJ (which I am in pain management for - shots, muscle relaxers, fentanyal patch and oral narcotics) are making chewing almost impossible and due to my inability to open my mouth, more than an inch, without immediate and lasting pain makes the thought of surgery nightmarish. Is there anything that can be done to help me? How should I see? (I have been declined health issuance but will be elidigible for PCIP the begining of January.).
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
If the mobility is slight and it is due to gum infection then doing warm saline rinses and after that massaging the gum with some good gun paint helps. If the gum paint is not available then you can use mustard oil with a pinch of salt to rub that area. This should be done at least twice a day.You should go to dentist as soon as possible and if you cannot afford a private dentist then you can try some dental school near your home. In dental schools the treatment is cheap or they can do it even free as they also need patients to learn. However the treatment done is absolutely good and uncompromising. You can also try some free dental clinics.
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor