Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Got hit on shin, swollen and bruise, painful to walk. Had achilles tendon reattached. Could it be broken or blood poison?

My husband was coaching our sone baseball team and got hit on his shin with a ball. It quickly turned purple and is very swollen and bruised all the way down even on his ensole of his foot . It has been a week and it is still very painful to walk on and looks worse not any better. Also this is on a foot that he just had his achilis tendon reattached this past October. Could it be broken or blood poison?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There is nothing to be worried as most probably it is soft tissue injury and bone as well as tendon is normal. I would recommend you to apply ice over his shin, tablet Brufen one two times a day and diclofenec ointment. Also he can apply compression bandage. I hope this will help him.
Answered: Sun, 23 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor