Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Got head injury, multiple ear fracture and noticed pus coming from ear. What's wrong?

sir,My brother met with an accident in 2009 , and the right side bone of esar have multiple fracture , which was not attended . as he was having sreious head injury and he was hospitalised for almost a month afte neuro operation.Now he is well but some puss is coming out from the right esr which was not attended during the operation of head and we dont want to touch at that time. Suggest us a good hospital or doctor who can take care of the operation , the there is possiblity of leaking of fluid from brain , which neuro surgeon suggested to need not worry. Please advise
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi anish ! Are you sure it is puss ! smell bad , yellow red, thick ? Ok take her to the ENT. Don't worry it is not from inside of head. As head can't tolerate small bleeding and we here talking about puss. Do a home work ask for all the problem she feel and write it down on the paper so doctor can diagnose easily and accurate. Take her recent medical history with you too. Wish her get well soon. Take care. Bye.
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

If the accident was in 2009,it is unlikely that the leakage he is now experiencing is related. It is not likely to be leakage of fluid from his brain.
The fracture should have healed in this time period.
It is possible that he has an ear infection , he may want to first consult his general practitioner.
If he wishes, he can go to an ear, nose and throat specialist for a review.

Hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor