Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Gained weight after discontinuing workouts in the gym. Remedies to lose weight?

Hi, i m 17 years old... before going to the gym, my weight was arround 50 kgs..... Last year i started to go gym.. I had gone for the gym for almost 3 months.. But i started to loose interst in it..... but after 5 months i have gained lots of weight.. before i used to look slim but now i look fat... please suggest me something to control my weight and look as i used to look before.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

There are only two ways to lose weight. One is to eat right and healthy; and the other is to exercise. A combination of both would get you the best results. There are no shortcuts to this process. I hope you can start going back to the gym. If interest levels are low, speak to a counselor who can motivate you into the process. Also getting yourself a gym buddy would help immensely to resolve your problems. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor