Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Foreskin of penis painful and red, swelling with white discharge. Taking Linezolid for MRSA infection. Solution?

I am presently taking an antibiotic course of Linezolid for treatment of mrsa infection Symtoms: Penis foreskin painful and red (blood red it seems as if skin has cracked open) and a little swollen, this redness is also coming to the penis head with time. - white lumpy discharge under the penis foreskin - it becomes wet even if I dry it completely by its own in inside of the foreskin vivek srivastava,india
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have acquired fungal infection of foreskin and glans penis called as Mucocutaneous candidiasis..However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination .
Please consult qualified urologist or Dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

This is very common in a person having Diabetes . Please get your blood sugar levels done to rule out Diabetes
Take some anti fungal medication like Fluconazole along with topical anti fungal gel for local application twice daily.
Observe good personal hygiene by cleaning the foreskin and glans with warm water twice daily.
Dr. Patil
Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor