Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Fistula in ano, is it curable by medicine ?

I am from pune and having a spot near anus ,puss comes out thrugh it, doctors say ut is fistula in ano, is it cureable by medicine, or operation is only the solution
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  533
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi jai
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You can prevent the infection by using antibiotics.But the fistula formed should be operated and repaired.So , surgery is the final option .
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response
Hello jai,

Thanks for your query.

It is not curable by medicines.

It needs to be addressed surgically.

They are of two types high and low type.

If not operated you will have repeated infection which will present as pus discharge.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor