Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Female. Higher level of androgen and hirsutism. Yasmin pills prescribed?

Hi, I have what might turn out to be a lengthy question about birth control combinations and hormone levels. I'm a female who has higher levels of androgen (excessive hair growth in unusual places, slightly higher muscle mass, enlarged clitoris, mid-range voice). I've read that birth control pills are some of the only options available for treatment. I'm absolutely horrible with remembering to take them daily and at the same time. Is there anyway I could be prescribed, say, Yasmin, for the unwanted hirsutism, but also get the non-hormonal ParaGard IUD as a reliable source of birth control?

Thank you for your help!
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thank you for choosing Healthcaremagic. Yes there are medications mainly to decrease Testosterone for example FINESTERIDE, which will help you for hirsutism., And you can go for copper T as a contraception.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile

Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor