1. history of ticks in backyard, support lyme disease
, but no bite marks at face/neck goes against it.
2. since symptom of feeling achy is there, thus if is related to arthritis
symptom, then could be lyme's disease.
3. experiencing flu-like symptoms [stiff neck
,fever, swollen lymph nodes
, headaches, fatigue, aches, in your history] also you may experience a large, expanding skin rash, goes in favor of Lyme's disease.
4. any heart, brain, and/or nerve problems??
5. Because of the difficulty in culturing Borrelia bacteria in the laboratory, diagnosis of Lyme disease is diagnosed clinically, based on symptoms, objective physical findings or a history of possible exposure to infected ticks, as well as serological blood tests [ Western blot and ELISA,spinal tap]
.Ordinary "wood ticks" and "dog ticks" do not carry the infection.
. Currently, there is no available vaccine on the market for Lyme disease.
. The presence of antibodies
in the blood is not sufficient reason for continued or retreatment with antibiotics.
. seek an opinion of parasitologist [infectious disease doctor].