Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Fatigue, weight loss, bloating, stomach fullness. Done LFT

Hi Im 29 m.For last 1 year, im suffering from fatigue ,tiredness and weightloss, bloating ,tiredness,stomach fullness.So i went to General Physican and he advised me to do complete health checkup.Results of thyroid,Sugar,Electrolytes,Iron are in normal range.But there were some abnormalities in indirect billubirin, BUN and he referred me to Liver specialist. LFT Details: Biliburubin Total 1.27 mg/dl Biliburbin -Direct : 0.25 mg/dl Bilibubin - Indirect : 1.02 mg/dl ( is this high?) SGOT : 23.3 U/I SGPT : 15.4 Alkaline Phosphatase : 108.2 U/I GGT : 11.1 U/I Protein-total 7.63 gm/dl Albumin -Serum : 4.45 gm/dl Serum/Albumin Ratio : 1.4 Hemogram: RBC : 4.6 * 10^6/uL hemoglobin : 13.4 g/dl hematocrit :38% RDW CV 14.8 fl Platet count : 236 * 10^3/ul Erythoryte sedimentatin rate : 20 mm/hr Kidney test: Creatine:serum 0/7 mg% BUN : 7.8 mg/dl BUN/SR.creatine ratio : 11.14 Uric acid: 4.5 Calcium : 9.4 mg/dl
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, sundar230,
I did go over all your blood work. Your liver enzymes are normal and
all your other blood work, like calcium,protein levels, hemoglobin ,
kidney tests are all normal.
The serum bilirubin, the indirect fraction is very minimally elevated.
Usually, Direct bilirubin is the main fraction. We see this sometime
in fasting state and a very rare genetic disorder called Gilbert's Syndrome.
Usually this is benign. Some people have jaundice, especially during stress,
cold or flu, fasting,lack of sleep kind of symtoms.
You mention weight loss, fatigue,and fullness of the stomach.
Stress can certainly do this, but, I recommend that you get an upper GI
series ,X-rays to make sure there is nothing going on in the stomach.
If any thing looks abnormal on x-rays, then you need endoscopy.
You can discuss this with your doctor.
I wish you well.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor