Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Family member has extremely suspicious behavior causing extreme discomfort to others. What treatment should be sought?

Sir, My father, aged 71 year is very skeptical about my mother. We trace the sign of this problem since 2000. But nowadays the problem has deteriorated such a way that his attitude has become a problem not only for my mother but for us also. My mother is reeling under a psychological pressure. We feel very sorry for her plight she is sustaining from my father. My father suspect every one. Every man in the bus, in the train, in market or say whenever they are out of the house. Even do not spare the neighbors who are officers with me. He passes shameful, vile and unbearable sarcastic remarks to my mother who is at the age of 58. My father suspectsthe the servants of the house that they keep evil eye on my mother. Oh, it is intolerable for all of us, leave our mother aside whose life has become just like a hell who rarely visits out of house due to her husband suspicious attitude. She does not spare the lelations instead. He doubted my my mausa ji and one of my cousin brother. He can doubt anyone But it is high time when my mama ji, mother s younger brother visited us. We all were sleeping in common room. But after some days my father was suspicious to this relations. He was sitting while keeping an eye on the bed where brother an sister were sleeping on common bed. In common room there is single doublebed over which my mother and mama slept while other members were adjusted otherwise in the same rooom. Thus he suspected the conduct of my mother Age of an opposite male does not matter for my father. He may suspect a boy of 18 years. Some times I doubt, if I continually sleep for a couple of days with my mother on same bed, he could doubt our relation too. It needs mention here that my father even suspected other boys or the relations or friends of my sisters when my sisters were unmarried. He was suspisious in the same way as he teats my mother, whenever the members of opposite sex was staring at my sistes or trying to be intimate with them. This is the history and your precious advice is sought for. Thanking you. Prithvi Pal Singh aged 42 years.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dear prithvi by now you should have noticed that your father is ill and is suffering form a psychiatric illness called Senile Psychosis. In this condition every thing around him looks suspicious and you have to remember that the experience of suspecting others is actually real to him because his mind is no longer able to differentiate from reality and imagined world that he is living in. This usually occurs due to excessive production of a neuro chemical called Dopamine. hence he needs medication urgently some times in the thought of unfaithfulness he may try to attempt suicide hence i advice you consult a psychiatrist near your place about his condition get medication for him and put in his food with out his knowledge if does not like to visit a psychiatrist. We also have to evaluate your father for any tumors in the brain hence a CT scan would be good idea, along with tests to make sure he does not suffer form dementia(forgetfulness).
Answered: Wed, 3 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor