Hi my 6 week old baby was seen by an ent b/c she had failed her hearing test more than once. She again failed her oae test. He looked in her ears and said her eardrums looked a little dull. Can you please exsplain to me what this means. I am very concerned. He does not want to do the abr test untill he sees her back in 6 more weeks. However I had her to an audiologist who performed an oae before seeing him. She seemed to be really concerned an scheduled her for an immediate abr test as soon as one could be done. She told me that the abr test would determine if she had any hearing loss , how severe, and the cause. Whether or not it was from fluid causing her to fail her oae test. So my question is would it be beneficial to my baby to have an abr done now or just wait it OUT? Thanks and your advice will be greatly appreciated.