Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Facial hair growth insufficient. Should I seek topical solutions? What deficiency is it?

Hi, My name is Prakash and I am from chennai, India. My Problem is regarding Facial Hair growth. I am 24years old. I have normal hair growth under chin , under the lips(joining portion of lips and chin) and in Mustache Area but other areas are soft without Hair. As it is in-complete it looks awkward and abnormal. I feel inferior as this means a lot to me. My father also has same problem but he is better compared to me. Please Advise me of how can I get a remedy. I even met some dermatologists but they say it is better not to have facial hair as it will be reducing money spent on shaving products. They take it as small issue but for me it means a lot. So if possible help me find a special unit where my concern will taken up in a proper manner. Also suggest me anything like diet , topical solutions, supplements that can help me cure or which at-least points out my deficiency. I am sure that there will be a treatment as I am able to grow hair in few areas so please guide me in a correct path.
Fri, 25 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi insufficient facial hair growth can be due to deficiency of testosterone levels.if so use depot injections of testosterone undeconate.u can also try minoxidil 2 percent gel for facial hair growth.if still no response leave it off as some people get them after 25 yrs also
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor