Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Eye injured in bomb blast, retina damaged, blurred vision. Can it be treated?

sir i want 2 ask that my uncle eye is not working properly due to injury in bomb blast . sir several doctors have checked him and the treatment is still continue in karachi pakistan.sir doctor say the retina of eye is damaged and the one eye is totally disable while the other one is not in good condition . he is unable to see any thing clearly . he can see little bit with black and white. sir pls tell me what do u think abt him is there any posibility in pakistan for retina treatment or operation . if yes pls tell me the doctor and hospital name in pakistan .
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi, There is no treatment for permanent retinal damage.If retina is good then corneal transplant or keratoprosthesis can be tried for good vision. Retina is like the reel of a camera. Once damaged you may not get a picture even if you change the lens of the camera.....TC
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor