Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Scars in eyes due to acute hydrops. Will it subside by time or do I need corneal transplant?

last yr i had acute hydrops in my right eye. now my eyes are completely healed but scars are there.almost 90 % sacrss are gone . should i wait to remov ethe scare by time or go for cornea transplant. my left eye are having 6 by 6 with rgp lens. i dont want go for transplant as per there are risk of rejection. wht should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Vikas, after hearing your case I can tell that you have advanced keratokonus in your right eye as compared to left eye.Post hydrops ( break in the descemets membrane in cornea which causes stromal edema) the stromal edema of cornea subsides and later you may develop scarring.Later the scarring subsides but doesn't go fully.Now if you have a good vision after the hydrops and comfortable with RGP lens then continue the same.But if you don't have good vision and RGP lens is not fitting properly ,you can undergo corneal transplant.I will advise you to undergo corneal transplant if your right eye is nonfunctional, post hydrops and you are managing only with the left eye .Post transplant you vision will definitely improve and if you follow proper instructions and have a regular follow up the chances of graft failure , rejection, glaucoma , infections and other side effects are minimal.Since you have not mentioned the present vision in your right eye I can only say go to a good corneal surgeon and discuss your case.Two functional eyes is better than one functional eye.If you have not undergone collagen cross linkage for your left eye, go for it as it helps to restrict the progression of keratoconus.So do a corneal topography and discuss with your eye specialist who can help out to perform these procedures...TC and have safe eyes...DR Ajay Shankar Kar, Cornea consultant,Sankar Eye Foundation,Visakhapatnam.
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor