Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Excessive sweating, sneezing and cough. Pinkish mucus discharge with cough. Body ache. Wheezing sound from the chest. What to do?

I ve been sick for about a week now, and no signs of getting any better. The other day i woke up covered in sweat, don t believe I ve ever sweated that bad. I ve been sneezing and coughing up a storm and when i cough orangy-pink mucus has been coming up. My whole body is achy and I have no energy. When I m lying flat and breathe with my mouth open its like a wheezing/crackling noise coming from my chest . What should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello Mr Moses,

Coughing up of orange-pink mucus is usual when a person has flooding of lungs (pulmonary edema). It may be associated with profuse sweating and heaviness or crushing in chest.

Crackling noise on breathing suggests air way narrowing with inflammation (the inner skin of airway is thickened, and weepy). As you can lie flat, a major cardiac problem seems less likely.

You must be seen by your family physician without further delay. He will give you emergency advice. Later you can get yourself referred to a cardiologist or a pulmonologist, who will help you in finding out your real medical problem.

Wish you to get relief with the help of your local physician,
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor