Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Eardrum perforated, blood coming from mouth, pain inside ear. Any medicine to heal eardrum tissue ?

hi, i am 24 yrs female..i have got a slap from my male friend as we had a i have ear pain inside my ear feels as if there is some air block..been 4 days . doctor said there is a big hole in the eardrum and asked me to wait for 3 months until its healed by itself else i should go 4 a operation. but he dint prescribe any medicines which would heal my ear drum tissue or help me build a eardrum tissue..what do i do?I m bleeding from the mouth in the mornings, it s a fair bit of blood but not too much in my spit, when I gather all my spit in the back of my mouth more comes out.i dont have any cough ,cold symptoms.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Your doctor is absolutely right in asking you to wait for at least three months after a traumatic hole in the drum before resorting to an operation.
Moreover you actually do not need any particular tablet and only need to make sure that you keep your ear completely dry and not allow even a drop of water to go inside (while taking head bath you can take a clean piece of cotton and dip it in coconut oil and squeeze it nicely and place it at the entrance of your ear canal)
Some amount of blood especially through the ear and also the mouth is common during the healing phase or the recovery. If it is more then you may consult your ENT
Take an audiometry examination for the assessment of hearing loss which will act like your baseline for further evaluation and treatment.

I generally would add an antibiotic for a week and an antihistamine tablet to prevent discharge but thats the individual doctors preference.

take care and do not meddle with your ears

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Tue, 20 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor