Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Dry red area in corner of eye, cracked skin, chapped lips. Soreness, pain. How to get rid of it?

I have recently started getting red dry areas at the corner of my eye and skin is cracked. The corners of my eye sometimes look and feel like chapped lips . what can I do to get rid of this. It is sore and painful. I have tried warm compresses, cleaning with a q-tip and baby shampoo, I have put vit E oil (this seemed to make it worse). Help please
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
To treat the same, you may apply a mild steroid cream for few days like desonide cream. Also moisturise the area well, you may use cetaphil lotion for the same. Hopefully in five days to a week, your condition should improve.
Do not use baby shampoo or vitamin E oil over chapped area as it may irritate the skin.
Hope that helps. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor