Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Dry flaky skin under one eye, slight redness, itchiness, blisters. Prescribed fusidic acid eye cream. Cure?

I have an area of dry flaky skin under one eye which is slightly red and itchy as well as a blistering of the skin under the eye area, I was prescribed I think it is call fusidic acid eye cream but any hydrocortisone based cream seems to strong as I have very sensitive skin . Am using either sudocreme or vaseline at the moment. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems you are having eczema or some irritant reaction. To treat the same application of fusidic acid cream alone would not help. You need to apply a steroidal cream. If hydrocortisone seems to be stronger, you may try desonide or clobetasone cream. These are the mildest steroids and may help you out. Applying Vaseline or diaper rash cream would not help much.
Hope that helps. Take care
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nannika Pradhan's  Response
Hi!!!Vaseline is ofcourse a good remedy for dry skin but since you are having red as well as blisters,hydrocortisone is highly recommended.If you are not comfortable with fusidic acid,go for Neosporin-H ointment,which can be applied in the sensitive areas of skin as well as those having sensitive skin.Hydrocortisone contained in Neosporin-H is a synthetic steroid used as anti-inflammatory and anti-pruritic agent.

Dr.Nannika Pradhan
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor