Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Done surgery for polio. Wearing caliper. Should I get surgery done to correct height difference between legs?

I have polio in my right leg. It was operated earlier but that the I am usual of wearing caliper. and also some height difference between both the legs. Now I am planning to operate it again from Vishakhapatam Doctor Adi Narayan Rao.
I have done checkup before 6 months, As per his suggestion, 60-70% improvement can be done.
But at the same time I am afraid about the -ve result. Please suggest?

Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, first of all you should know about the side effects of the surgery, you can get it done if the surgeon if considering the hip joint and its position, there could be non union, or infection, if the surgeon is confident about these things you can get it operated.
As an alternative you can opt for polio shoes, which can be use full upto some degree.
Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor