Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Done hysterectomy. Swollen wound. Help

Have a developed a hernia after sugery? I have just had a sub-total hysterectomy but as i am on my own I have not taken the requires resting time. i am up on my feel most days. The staples were taken out on Tuesday and strips were put in it s place. the wound is clean and dry, however it appears to ahve swoolen to an unacceptable size. I have stopped taking pain killer or rather only take them when reqires.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for your query.
If your would is healthy, it should not worry you.
If any new swelling is visible , it is best examined by your operating surgeon.
You have not mentioned how long before the operation was done.wound healing and development of swelling in the area would depend on that .
Hope this is helpful.take care!
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor