Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Doing lots of exercise. Noticed sore lump under rib cage. What could be the problem?

I have been doing lots of exercise, lifting weights, ab blast workouts, yoga and have just noticed a lump under my left rib cage, it is sore. I went to the hospital and they have booked me for an x-ray for Monday. It s Saturday and I am just worried, should I be, what are the possibilities, it only hurts when I press on it. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.
As you can see the reason for your ailment is clear.
You have bern straining a lot which has resulted in muscle soreness or ruptre with local hematoma collection.
Its nothing to be alarmed of as such injuries are common in athletes.
Apply ice packs to the sore region and take an anti-inflammatory medication like Nac plus.
Stop exercising and straining for a week.
I think this should suffice.
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 31 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor