Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Does this sound like somthing to be concerned about ?

Or am I just a hypochondriac ? For about a week now, I ve been really out of breath . I can t even go up and down the stairs, or go across the house to answer the phone, and I get out of breath. Also, since yesterday, my upper right shoulder and the area around my collarbone has been hurting. I thought I may have just slept on it wrong. On the one hand, I was born with a hole in my heart and have always had a little bit of trouble because of it, nothing really noticeable, just that I wasn t ever as active as everyone else, and I ve been super stressed out lately.l On the other hand, I m only in my late 20 s, I am not overweight at all, etc. So, am I a hypochondriac, or should I get this checked out, could it be something to be concerned about ? I can t even eat without getting short of breath, if that doesn t sound silly.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  212
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hey Jessie, I think you need to get a chest xray those symptoms could be a pneumothorax. Translation your lung may have collapsed. I hope you went to emergency and got an assessment, don't wait you need to be assessed today. This isn't something you wait for an appointment with your family Dr. for so I hope you went to emergency. Take care, Donna Just checking in, making sure you are still alive
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor