Does intake of Zithromax and Motrin cause delayed periods?

i had sex about the end of october, we used protection and everything, also it s kinda hard to get pregnant if he doesn t even cum in me but i m still terrified. i was prescribed zithromax and i took it for about a week then i had to start on 800 mg of motrin twice a day. could that cause me to be late on my period or miss it?
Fri, 11 Jan 2019

It is less likely that Zithromax and Mortin intake will effect your menstrual cycle.

However, stress and infections may delay periods for a few days. It should be always remembered that no means of contraception is 100% effective except removal/block of reproductive organ or gonad.

Apart from that, the pre-ejaculatory fluid may contain few sperms and that is not a reliable method to follow.

In my view, you can take a urine pregnancy test at home or see a doctor and take blood beta HCG, ultrasound to find the out the cause of delayed periods.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ayesha Shareef, General & Family Physician