Does high BP lead to collapse?

here is my question...my husband is almost 58 years old. he has been on high blood pressure meds for about 10 years now as he has high bp..but today out of the blue he just collapsed. i immediately took his bp which was 48 /37..he was shaking alot..he refused to go to the er...i monitered him for awhile and the most his pb got was 105/58...what can cause this? he does see his dr on a regular bases
Mon, 8 Apr 2019

I recommend doing some routine blood tests, and to visit a cardiologist to rule out any possible cardiac problem. Meanwhile, do not give the medications for high BP with these values of BP.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Anila Skenderi, General & Family Physician