Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

164 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Does fallopian tube blockage cause difficulty in getting pregnant?

Hello doctor...I m 28 yr old women with one 2.8 months old baby NW I want my next child but don t know y m unable to b it s bcse bfre my first prgncy I had dgnse tubes blockage then I treated n cncvd..plz help me could it b the reason again for not cncvng...thank you...
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

When you have already been treated & you say you have conceived after being treated it should not be the problem. However, blocked or partially blocked Fallopian tubes do result in conception problems. The egg fail to reach the uterus, and the sperm cannot reach the egg, preventing fertilization and pregnancy. You did not mention anything about your present menstrual history. Hoping that your menstrual cycle is normal. You can get checked for any pelvic infections as a precaution because Chlamydia infections sometimes result in partial tube blocks. Get treated. Consult a Gynecologist to check out if you are ovulating normally, you may have to go through some investigations HSG etc. Try to stay away from anxiety & depression for they may cause difficulty in conception. Give yourself time & stay happy. Partial blocks may increase the risk of a tubal pregnancy, or ectopic pregnancy. So first get treated well. No worries these days Medical science has many advanced infertility treatments.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello po on my rigth fallopian tube they diagnosed I ve bee (hydrosalpinx ) was blocked my fallopian tubes, they recommend to inject ceftriaxone and intake doxycycline for 7days twice a day..can help for my hydrosalpinx to concieve a baby or can cure my infection.thanks

doctor1 MD

I am 22 years old. I have been diagnose with distal blockage in my right fallopian tube. I had the HSG procedure done 3 months ago. My doctor sent me home, only saying keep trying because I am able to conceive. I have been trying for 3 years in all and still never been pregnant. What should I do?

doctor1 MD

Dear Madam, I have been married since last 5 yrs and was in different location for three yrs. We have been staying together since two yrs but my wife has not been able to consive. We have taken almost all the test and they seems to be normal. The fallopian tube is not blocked. The eggs formulation is normal as per the ovolution study. I do not know how to go further. Please suggest. Regards, Rajesh Anand YYYY@YYYY