Does fallopian tube blockage cause difficulty in getting pregnant?

Hello doctor...I m 28 yr old women with one 2.8 months old baby NW I want my next child but don t know y m unable to cncv...my b it s bcse bfre my first prgncy I had dgnse tubes blockage then I treated n cncvd..plz help me could it b the reason again for not cncvng...thank you...
Tue, 5 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

When you have already been treated & you say you have conceived after being treated it should not be the problem. However, blocked or partially blocked Fallopian tubes do result in conception problems. The egg fail to reach the uterus, and the sperm cannot reach the egg, preventing fertilization and pregnancy. You did not mention anything about your present menstrual history. Hoping that your menstrual cycle is normal. You can get checked for any pelvic infections as a precaution because Chlamydia infections sometimes result in partial tube blocks. Get treated. Consult a Gynecologist to check out if you are ovulating normally, you may have to go through some investigations HSG etc. Try to stay away from anxiety & depression for they may cause difficulty in conception. Give yourself time & stay happy. Partial blocks may increase the risk of a tubal pregnancy, or ectopic pregnancy. So first get treated well. No worries these days Medical science has many advanced infertility treatments.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.