Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Does UVA ray treatment for Psoriasis cause skin cancer?

I have psoriasis on my legs and have seen a dermatologist who prescribed two expensive creams. They help a little but it never goes away. I've been tanning for a short time in a tanning bed every other day and have seen a drastic improvement but Iam a little worried about skin cancer from UVA rays. Any home remedies out there? Any advice?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jan 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1343
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Exposing the affected areas to sunlight can help ease the psoriasis flare up, but natural sunlight is better for your skin since tanning beds can be too harsh. Remember that the Sunlight has uncontrolled UVA rays which are a risk factor for Skin Cancer. The PUVA is better than sunlight treatments for Psoriasis. Try natural remedies as well, like pasteurized creams, bee's wax, and lemon oil. They are really effective and cost less as well.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor