Does Nexplanon removal cause severe constipation and abdominal bloating?

I have had sever constipation on and off in the last 2-3 years. Had a child in 2014 and was put on Nexplanon. I am constantly bloated and have gained weight and have tried and put a lot of effort into trying to lose weigh but it just wont budge. I recently got my nexplanon out and though maybe this could be the cause of some of these symptoms but now I am unsure of that.
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Nexplanon as with any other hormonal preparation can cause abdominal bloating. Bit constipation not a usual side effect of Nexplanon. You can take antacids like Pantoprazole for symptomatic relief. If symptoms persist, you can consult a gynecologist and get evaluated. Wishing you good health.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussain
General & Family Physician Dr. Shinas Hussain's  Response

Nexpalnon removal does not cause constipation or bloating sensation. You can take antacids like Pantoprazole or Omeprazole for symptomatic relief. You can also take laxatives like lactulose for constipation. If symptoms persist, better to consult a physician and get evaluated.

Dr. Shinas Hussain