Does FITS affect pregnancy ?

hi i m akhila my sister has fits will it affect her pregnancy and her married life
Wed, 28 Dec 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Hello
Welcome to health care magic forum
well treated/managed fits don`t hamper married life as well as pregnancy.
regular treatment for three years with anti-epileptic drugs after last fits is required.
Wish you good health
Disclaimer
Neurologist Dr. Shiva Kumar R's  Response
Thanks for using healthcaremagic. Epilepsy and pregnancy is an issue which needs to be tackled carefully. Before a person with epilepsy gets married or pregnant one has to be counselled regarding the complications and the course of epilepsy. Meet a Neurologist and get your self started on Folic acid and discusss about the chances of complications both to the mother and baby. One important thing is do not stop the tablets for epilepsy and avoid sleep deprivation. Bye