Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
137 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Do pain in the pelvic area and yeast-like discharge with odor in a 50-year-old woman need immediate medical attention?

Hi there, I am a 50 year old female and and in menopause, as I have not had a period in the last eight months. About a year ago I was diagnosed as having 3 cysts in my ovaries, each varying between 2-4 cm. I now am experiencing mild pain on right side - pelvic area and sometimes a yeast like discharge that has an odor (especially when I exercise). Can you please advise if I should be concerned about this? Thanking you in advance. Magggie.
Thu, 11 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
OB and GYN Specialist 's  Response

I suggest you visit a gynecologist as she can do a proper clinical examination and can take a Pap smear for further evaluation and management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Naira Jahangir, OB and GYN Specialist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a 48 year old woman. I have had one child. I am currently on the implanon form of birth control. Lately I have been having some pain during...