Owl Image

Do levonorgestrel tablets have any side-effects like vaginal bleeding and how long do these effects last ?

My wife is having heavy vaginal bleeding 4 days after taking Levonorgestrel ECP which she took one hour after the intercourse which caused her so much pain under her belly & weakness in walking. She had her last period bleeding one day before having intercourse. My question is that is this bleeding a side effect or is it normal? How to cure it & get recovered from the condition she s having, guidance about nutrition & when she would have her next period? Thanks
Mon, 16 Jan 2012