Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Do beta blockers like plavix cause incontinence ?

Do beta blockers like plavix cause incontinence. . .is it a possible side effect of the medication? Do beta blockers like plavix cause incontinence. . .is it a possible side effect of the medication?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  821
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I wonder where DrSH got is medical degree ?. First up Plavix is not a beta blocker at all. Its generic name is clopidogrel !. It functions as a platelet inhibitor which means that it makes the blood platelets less sticky and therefore clump together less, hope fully to lessen the blocking of coronary arteries !. Forget the bleeding teeth and all the other dire predictions from DrSH. It is normally prescribed to patients who can not tolerate aspirin as aspirin taken over long period can cause GI bleeds. Now I myself have been on Plavix for many years without any problem whatever so do not stop taking them without consulting your GP.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor